Friday, March 27, 2015

Pyramid Mountain, Jasper Alberta

Pyramid, 9"x 12" oil on Linen

Jasper is such a pretty spot. All the colors of nature from the green aqua waters, pinkish mountain granite, and vibrantly colored trees. Sitting on the waters edge to enjoy the still lake waters and smell the fresh air. Is there anything better? Oh yes! just wait... let me pour myself a vodka. Snuggle in. Let's look together. Would you like one too?

Finished this one today as it was sitting there waiting for me...

 In the Field, 9x12" Oil on Birch Board

I was sitting on a rock in the middle of a field when I started this. When I finished it in the studio I felt like I was in the field sitting there again, with the curious birds and squirrels coming to investigate me. There was no wind but the air was crisp like a perfect Autumn day.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Lovely paintings. I pop in from time to time! Good to see you are still capturing our beautiful rockies.