Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Del Coronado 


Went on a trip recently to one of my favorite places on earth... Coronado (off coast of San Diego in California). I just love it there so much. The beach is so beautiful and it just gives me a sense of peace... when I arrive to the Hotel Del, I am in my happy place. I try and go a couple times a year. This time I took my nephew and we hung out and had a great time enjoying beach fires and chatting. Anyhow, I was able to take an afternoon and set up on the balcony and just paint... Yes this work needs to be resolved a little more, but I wasn't trying to create a masterpiece, I was just happy to be there and wanted to try and catch a little feel of the place. Maybe drink a few of their special Lavender Vodka's on the patio...

Del Coronado Patio View, 9x12, Oil on Board


No comments: