Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Chester Lake - Elephant Rocks - Kananaskis, AB


Elephant Rocks - 9"x12" oil on birch

The summer goes by so quickly... A few weeks ago in mid July I got to go on this awesome hike near Chester Lake. I was with this crazy mountain hiking friend of mine who scrambles mountains as a hobby. Such a beautiful view of the mountains off in the distance. Was a 7km hike to get in here but so worth it. Although there were big patches of ground that had recently been dug up by the grizzly bears looking for plant blubs or truffles to eat just meters away from where I was sitting (yikes!)...



It was such a spectacularly weird place with all the rock piles poking up from the earth - so precisely arranged and stacked. I obsessively kept my bear spray handy and my blue tooth speaker playing the tunes. I was alone sitting there for about 4 hours so was really hoping that the bears were well fed that day!

Please Mr. Bear ... not me!

No comments: