Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Chatham, Massachusetts, United States

9x12 oil on linen
It rained a bit while I was in Chatham this past June... it rained and it rained! I did get a few days of sun tho and it was such a pretty place to paint. Reminded me so much of Nova Scotia and living in Halifax. Made me miss living there. I discovered this amazing pizza place a few blocks away that made these clay oven baked Margeritta Pizzas and a wine shop where I bought this awesome bottle of pinot nior. I was set! I was staying in this B&B called the Queen Anne Inn. Was such a nice place with amazing service - they treated me like royalty and I felt like a queen being served warm banana bread and tea after I came back all wet from the rain - they started my fire for me. I was so content enjoying the fire after painting for a bit.

Queen Anne Inn 9x12 oil on birch
I struck a deal with the inn keeper lady to trade this painting of the Queen Anne for a healthy discount on my room. I had the nicest room in the house. I happily left the painting behind, having the most wonderful stay. I will always think about how fun it was to be cozied up in my room full of neat old antique furniture and how at home I felt there. I will be back!

It started raining before I could finish this one!

No comments: